Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Few Days






So here I am in Amsterdam. This is my first time travelling abroad and it is a very interesting, and exciting, experience. It all started with the flight which was fine, as 10 hour flights go. I did get to watch 3 movies which helped the time pass much faster. I walked from the train station to the hostel that I am staying at, and as is customary I got lost but I found my way eventually and what I estimate to only have been an hour and a half detour around Amsterdam.

Hostels are what everyone says they are, dirty but with a certain charm. I am staying at the Hans Brinker hostel and I am enjoying my stay thoroughly. The bed is comfy and that's all that really matters because the only thing you really do at a hostel is sleep. This hostel does have a bar and if you go sit and have a pint you will be talking to someone you have never meet before within 20 minutes. So far the most interesting thing has been the people I have met.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city. The history here is in every building which is something I have never really seen. I have walked around Amsterdam for two days now and I think I have seen most of it. It is very difficult to take pictures here because everything is so close together and there are, surprisingly, a lot of trees; though I have only seen grass once and it was a small plot in front of a Rembrandt statue.

I would recommend Amsterdam to anyone looking for a beautiful place to see, or if they are looking for a really good party. I still haven't decided where I am going next but I need to decide soon, I am thinking Belgium.

Talk to ya soon.

No comments: