Friday, October 12, 2007

Austria

After Zurich I made my way to Innsbruck, Austria. I was warned that Austria looks a lot like western Canada and they were right. At least Innsbruck does, though it is completely surrounded by moutains and there is only a narrow river alongside the city and of course much of the old town is older than Canada. But the newer, more modern, parts of town are very recognizable. I didn't really do much in Innsbruck, I only was there one night and I left early for Vienna.

I had a good time in Vienna, again I didn't do much. I walked around for quite awhile, I did go to an art gallery and it had an interesting array of artists, I haven't really seen any famous works yet, I have seen many famous artists, but that could be because I haven't gone to any famous art galleries. I also went to a museum in the Kurt Godel Research Centre for Mathmatical Logic, as you all know Kurt Godel is my favorite logician, but it was a medical museum and I wasn't at all interested.

Austria was fun but I am excited about Italy which is the next country on my tour.

No comments: