Monday, October 8, 2007

Berlin

I spent a few days in Berlin after travelling from Copenhagen. I went to a museum there, it had an impressive exhibit on Babalyon, I don't think I spelt that right but the spell checker here is in German or French, I am currently in Zurich, so it shows just about every word as incorrect and the only suggestion for Babalyon is Battaillon. Other than that the city is quite modern.

There is a lot of World War II and Cold War history here, that is pretty much the only history you will find in Berlin. I am not complaining, I am not that interested in that period. There are statues for Marx and Engels, there is a massive soviet memorial for the troops from World War II, there is a open-air exhibit on the Nazi secret police, their name eludes me now, which was built on the site of their prison and headquarters, you can still see some of the foundations of the buildings. Just about everything to do with the Nazi's has been destroyed, however there is still alot of the Berlin Wall still standing around Berlin. It was kinda funny because I was looking for the Wall but I couldn't find it only to realize I had walked right passed it, not three feet from it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Erik, have a great Canadian Thanksgiving in Zurich. Sounds like Berlin was interesting and your adventure continues.